Day 21 -- Class, Museums, and Ikseon-dong

After class this morning, I took the subway to Anguk, where I stopped at Cafe Knotted for a second time. This time, I tried the earl gray donut and it was just as delicious as the one I had last time!

I then walked up to PKM Gallery, where I saw an exhibition by Yun Hyong-kun. To make his works, he applied diluted paint directly onto linen. The effect was a set of pieces that had lots of depth with overlapping colors (mostly browns and blacks), and to me looked like a view of a cell under a microscope.



My next stop was the Kukje Gallery, which was featuring two exhibitions. The first was called “Fish and Chips” (as in microchips), and included lots of nautical imagery alongside digital imagery. My favorite piece in the exhibition was a flowerpot (containing various poisonous and hallucinogenic plants) designed to look like a massive financial building. 

The second exhibition was a series of photographs of iconic buildings throughout the world, showcasing the blending of old and new as the buildings have been renovated and modern technology has been added to them. I really liked the way color was captured in the photos; some of the spaces the photographer saw were a sterile white with only a few pops of color.


My last stop was the Hakojae Gallery, which I only went into briefly because the exhibition was not as interesting.

I went back to the dorm briefly next, before going back to the subway station to go to Ikseon-dong, where I had dinner at Changhwadang. I went there with my host mom on one of my first days in Korea two years ago, and haven't been back since. It is known for its dumplings, but I remember liking the tteokbokki more than the dumplings last time, so I just had that. The tteokbokki was even better than I remembered, and might be some of the best tteokbokki I have ever had!

I went back to the dorm next, showered, and did some homework before going to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 -- Eunpyeong and Birthday Dinner

Day 60 -- (G)I-DLE Concert!

Day 11 -- A Little Bit of Everything