Day 23 -- Class and Songbukdong

This morning after class I had a bad headache and was feeling really tired so I relaxed in my room, did some homework, and ate snacks for a while before going to the subway station. On the way, I ran into Aaron, one of the other members of my cohort from NSLI-Y. We talked briefly, and realized that there are a few other NSLI-Y people in Seoul this summer and that we should have a mini reunion.

After talking with Aaron, I went to my old neighborhood, Songbukdong. Because I had stayed to talk to Aaron and there were issues with the subway, I didn't make it there in time to see an exhibition I wanted to see, so I went straight to Kimseonsaeng Gimbap, a restaurant I loved last time I was in Seoul. I had their bulgogi gimbap and it was amazing!


I went on a walk around the neighborhood next and walked the route I used to take every morning and evening going to and coming back from the subway station. It was interesting to see how the neighborhood has changed; I noticed some new cafes and restaurants that are slightly nicer than those that are typical of Songbukdong.


After my walk, I stopped by AcheMi, an ice cream shop I didn't know about last time I was in Seoul. It is known for having vegan ice cream that comes in a variety of strange flavors, and I had an ice cream cake that combined black sesame ice cream, matcha ice cream, vanilla ice cream, and a matcha cake with a red bean coating. It was delicious, and the woman who took my order was very impressed that not only I spoke good Korean but also that I was opting for traditional Korean flavors!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 -- Eunpyeong and Birthday Dinner

Day 60 -- (G)I-DLE Concert!

Day 11 -- A Little Bit of Everything