Day 51 -- Incheon

After class, I ate at Greek Day for lunch before taking a long subway ride to Incheon. I was supposed to meet Veronica and Maddox there in the afternoon because they have a long layover there, but it turned out they weren't able to leave the airport so I just explored the city by myself. My first stop there was the Jjajangmyeon Museum. Jjajangmyeon is one of my favorite Korean foods and Incheon is the birthplace of jjajangmyeon, so I was very excited to go to the museum. It was mostly in Korean, but I tried my best to understand the descriptions on my own and also used some translating apps to understand. It was interesting to learn about how jjajangmyeon came to exist in Korea through the fusion of Chinese and Korean culinary culture, how jjajangmyeon used to be stored in wooden and iron boxes for delivery, and the development of instant jjajangmyeon. 


After the museum, I walked to Incheon Art Platform, a complex of galleries. I went into a few, one of which had an exhibition that I loved showcasing ink and watercolor works depicting nature. I met the artist at the end of the exhibition, and talked to her and her husband briefly. They were very impressed by my Korean!




I walked around Chinatown for a while next. In the area, I saw some statues, a painted staircase, and an ornate gate leading into a forest. It was all very pretty and very colorful!



I walked to Sinpo International Market next and the surrounding area with lots of stores. I also stopped by Gong Cha while I was there because it was extremely hot and I needed a drink and some air conditioning.

After walking around for a while longer, I went to Sinseung Banjeom, a restaurant known for having some of the best jjajangmyeon in Incheon. It was indeed very delicious, and I loved how it had a cucumber garnish on top of the noodles, which I haven't had when I have eaten jjajangmyeon in the past.

After dinner, I took the subway back to Ewha and grabbed some Melona from the convenience store before returning to my dorm for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 -- Eunpyeong and Birthday Dinner

Day 60 -- (G)I-DLE Concert!

Day 11 -- A Little Bit of Everything