Day 72 -- War Memorial of Korea and Dinner with Host Parents

Today is Liberation Day in Korea so class was cancelled and I started off my day by going to the War Memorial of Korea. I walked through their general exhibits about Korean war history before going to their exhibition on the Korean War. I don't usually like history museums, but this one was pretty interesting and I am glad I went. The museum also featured old helicopters, tanks, and other war equipment, alongside various memorials to soldiers who died in Korea's past wars. 


I spent a long time at the museum before going to Cheese Industry for a very late lunch. I went back to the dorm next before heading out to Songbukdong to meet with my host parents for the last time. We had some Korean barbeque and then got a red bean bingsu and a sweet pumpkin bingsu. Everything was delicious, and I was very happy to see them before I left. They both have lots of exciting things happening in the next year with their jobs, so it was good to hear about that. They also both said they could tell my Korean has improved a lot since the beginning of the summer, so I was very happy about that!


I headed back to the dorm next. On my way, I stopped by the DDP so I could see it at night. It was lit up and had big projections on it which looked super cool! When I got back to the dorm I did some more packing before going to bed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 -- Eunpyeong and Birthday Dinner

Day 60 -- (G)I-DLE Concert!

Day 11 -- A Little Bit of Everything