Day 17 -- Nami Island

Today instead of regular class, all of the international students studying Korean at Ewha went on a trip to Nami Island. We first took a 90 minute bus ride over to the island, during which I talked to the two French men in my class, Damien and Dji-young. We mostly spoke in Korean, but it was helpful that whenever we didn't know a word or phrase we could say it in French!

Finally, we arrived and took a boat to the island itself. My class walked around for a while on a long path lined by trees and admired some of the greenery around the island before looking for a restaurant.

Maneon, Manami, Oui-son, Chong-ga, Dji-Young, Damien, Mai, Hazal, Fukumi, Xiaomeng, Me, and Son-il


Unfortunately, many of the other classes had taken all of the space at the restaurants, so we had to wait a while before we could get food. We were all hungry and extremely hot, so we stopped by a cafe for a quick snack of gelato. 


Finally, seats at a restaurant opened up and I ate naengmyeon while talking with the other people at my table, Damien, Mai, and Manaeon. It was pretty hard to properly communicate given our Korean abilities, but we were able to have a conversation for most of the lunch.



After lunch, we walked around the island some more. We went to see a beautiful view of the water, and saw small pedal boats floating around which some of my classmates wanted to go on. We all went to a dock and enjoyed the view while some of our classmates rode on the boats before we had to go back to Ewha. 




My class with two of our teachers

We took the big boat back to the buses, and most of us slept on the ride back because we were all so exhausted. When I finally got back to Ewha, I was completely exhausted and ate some snacks in my room before going to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 -- A Little Bit of Everything

Day 5 -- Hongdae with Friends