Day 24 -- Class, SeMA, and Hanyang

After class this morning, I went to Greek Day for lunch and then headed to the Seoul Museum of Art. The museum's current collection was centered around architecture, and their primary exhibition was focused on Norman Foster. The exhibition featured a ton of incredible and highly detailed models of some of his buildings, and explained the thought that went into their design. The exhibition emphasized Foster's focus on sustainability, the maximization of use of a space, and integrating a building into its surroundings. I really enjoyed the exhibition and it was amazing seeing all of the unique buildings he has designed.






There were a few other mini-exhibitions going on at SeMA that I went to, but the one I spent the most time at featured paintings with themes of urban life and its connections to the natural world. The exhibition featured a wide range of art styles, and I liked a lot of the paintings.




After SeMA, I took the subway to Hanyang University, where I studied two summers ago. I didn't go inside the buildings, but I walked around campus briefly before walking to the area full of stores and cafes near Hanyang that I used to frequent. It was extremely hot walking around and I was pretty hungry and hadn't eaten bingsu in two weeks, so I stopped by the Sulbing I always went to to get some cheesecake bingsu. It was a massive amount of dessert but it tasted good and was very refreshing.



I went back to Ewha next and on the way back to my dorm went to a convenience store. I bought some triangle gimbap there for dinner, and then went back to my room to shower, eat, and do homework.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 -- Eunpyeong and Birthday Dinner

Day 60 -- (G)I-DLE Concert!

Day 11 -- A Little Bit of Everything