Day 5 -- Hongdae with Friends

This morning, I woke up and did my homework before meeting up with Sonia and Sandi, two of my Yale friends studying at Seoul National University (SNU). I gave them a quick tour of the Ewha campus and then we took the subway to Hongdae, a big neighborhood with lots of restaurants and shopping. We went to a restaurant and got naengmyeon, bulgogi gimbap, and tteokkbokki, all of which tasted amazing! It was so nice to have all of the Korean foods that I haven't had in ages.



After eating, we walked around the neighborhood, popping into some stores along the way. We also went to one of the dozens of photo booth studios and took some pictures there before heading out again. After some more walking, we went to Sulbing, where we got melon and cheesecake bingsu and injeolmi bingsu. It was both Sonia and Sandi's first time trying bingsu and they loved it! It was also very refreshing after walking around in the heat for so long.




We still had plenty of time left in the day so we decided to go to a noraebang because Sonia and Sandi hadn't been to one before. We went to a beautiful noraebang with a nice sofa and a glass wall looking out onto the neighborhood, and sang a mixture of Korean and English songs. It was so much fun and my throat hurt from singing afterwards.

Because Sonia and Sandi have a long commute to get back to SNU, they had to leave, and I went back to Ewha. I hung out in my room for a while and then went to get some groceries and some ramen for dinner. I went to bed soon afterwards because I was so tired from walking around all day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 -- A Little Bit of Everything

Day 17 -- Nami Island