Day 59 -- Food and Seoul Urban Life Museum

After class today, I went to Hongdae and had gimbap from Tera Gimbap for lunch. 


I then walked over to the cafe 44 MEANS NOTHING that I have been wanting to go to for a long time. I was excited for it based on what I had seen online, and it did not disappoint. I had a lychee, rose, and strawberry cake that was beautifully shaped like a rose, complete with "dewdrops" made from a jello-like substance on top. It will go down in history as one of the best desserts I have ever had, from taste to presentation and I hope to go back before I leave.





Next to the cafe was a photobooth I have been wanting to go to. It was elevator themed and it was fun to take pictures there!


I explored the neighborhood a bit and popped into some stores before taking the subway to the Seoul Urban Life Museum. It was a great museum and very much catered to my interests. I learned about Seoul's population explosion and massive growth and development over the past few decades, various marriage customs in Korea, the education system and how it has become so competitive, and the early origins of K-pop, among other things. It was super interesting and very well curated so I was very glad I went.

I went back to the dorm briefly before going to dinner at Aangan, where I got the garlic naan and prawn biryani again, which were somehow even better this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 -- Eunpyeong and Birthday Dinner

Day 60 -- (G)I-DLE Concert!

Day 11 -- A Little Bit of Everything