Day 70 -- Bingsu and Museums

During class today, we got our test scores back, and because it was our last class with Mrs. Ryu, we took some class pictures.


After class, I took I long subway ride to Sounbing, a bingsu place Skylar highly recommended. It was amazing, and I was shocked because it was one of the best bingsus I have ever had, and also the cheapest.


I went to Hangaram Art Museum next, where I went to an exhibition featuring the works of Carlos Cruz-Diez, who makes art that focuses on color and the illusions that simple overlapping of colors can create. He had a variety of paintings with thin stripes of color that blended together to make the paintings look like they were in motion. Another part of the exhibition had rooms that transitioned between different colors of light; it was super cool to walk through them.



I then went to the nearby Calligraphy Art Museum. I went to a really unique exhibition by an artist who uses a very thick brush to paint Korean words onto a canvas. Because the brushstrokes were so thick, the words were often rotated, and the style of writing was unique, the words almost looked like abstract art. The presentation of some of the words even looked like the things they represent, like how the word for "forest" was painted in a way that it looked like trees, or how the word for "island" was painted so that the letters were very spaced out, each one like its own island.



I took the subway back to my neighborhood and after spending some time in my dorm I went to Aangan for dinner. I got some dessert from the convenience store afterwards and watched some TV before going to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 31 -- Eunpyeong and Birthday Dinner

Day 60 -- (G)I-DLE Concert!

Day 11 -- A Little Bit of Everything